Affiliated with the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), the program endeavours to impart hospitality knowledge, skills, concepts and techniques in the right environment for the students to learn and emerge as Global Hospitality Service providers.
The program is aimed at realising the following objectives:
- Keeping abreast with the changing hospitality trends and latest technology.
- Equipping students with a high degree of academic knowledge and skills to meet the human resource requirement of the industry.
- Emphasising on practical inputs in the core operational areas.
The Hospitality Industry is experiencing a phenomenal growth due to an exceptional surge in Indian and International tourism. This has resulted in an increased demand of trained hospitality professionals. Graduates can explore the following job profiles:
SOME OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES WHO VISIT CHITKARA UNIVERSITY CAMPUS TO RECRUIT OUR GRADUATES ARE:
With this program student will develop an overview of Hotel administration, its environment and management with essential skills and tools necessary for running a hotel successfully, in the first year itself. This provides the foundations that prepare the students to take on more challenging advanced modules in the second and the third year of the degree program.
The advanced modules focus on a closer examination of the operations of the hotel industry, particularly on the use and management of key resources, such as people, finance and IT, from a strategic perspective. With hands on training in the labs for food production and service. The front office and housekeeping department too have their element of practical during the two year program on campus.
The third year would focus mainly with hands on job training in the industry.
- Students undergo a five-month industry internship after the second year of their education.
- Understand the scope and historical traditions of the hospitality industry, and describe the full range of career opportunities available.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of professional guest service skills and attitudes.
- Use computers as a tool to address management challenges in the areas of marketing, guest service, cost control, and human resource management.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the day-to-day operational procedures of a typical hotel or restaurant property.
- Demonstrate basic familiarity with the proper use and care of common kitchen & dining room equipment.
- Apply cost control concepts and develop appropriate systems and tools for the day-to-day management and operations of lodging or food service business.